PAHoops for Nov 1
Participation Waiver for Communicable Diseases Including COVID-19
The COVID-19 pandemic has presented athletics across the world with a myriad of challenges. The COVID-19 virus is a highly contagious illness that primarily attacks the upper respiratory system. The virus that causes COVID-19 can infect people of all ages. Research from the Centers for Disease Control, among others, has found that while children do get infected by COVID-19, relatively few children with COVID-19 are hospitalized. However, some severe outcomes have been reported in children, and a child with a mild or even asymptomatic case of COVID-19 can spread the infection to others who may be far more vulnerable. While it is not possible to eliminate all risk of furthering the spread of COVID-19, the current science suggests there are many steps which can be taken to reduce the risks to students, coaches, and their families.
PAHoops will take the necessary precautions and recommendations from the federal, state, and local governments. We realize the knowledge regarding COVID-19 is constantly changing as new information and treatments become available. These recommendations will be adjusted as needed as new information becomes available in order to decrease the risk of exposure for our coaches & players.
These Recommendations include but may not be limited to:
1. Athletes & Coaches will undergo a COVID- 19 health screening prior to any practice, event, or team meeting. The type of screening will be dependent upon the available resources. The purpose is to check for signs and symptoms of COVID-19. It will include a questionnaire and temperature check as needed.
2. Promote healthy hygiene practices such as hand washing, using hand sanitizer, cough in your elbow, avoid touching eyes, nose, face and mouth, no spitting, no gum chewing, No Handshakes/Celebrations (high fives, fist/elbow bumps, chest bumps, hugging)
3. Encourage social distancing through increased spacing, small groups, and limited mixing between groups, if feasible
4. Anyone who is sick must stay home
5. Plan in place if a student or coach gets sick
6. Athletes and Coaches MUST provide their own water bottle for hydration. Water bottles must not be shared. Refill Stations and Water Fountains will NOT BE AVAILABLE!
I understand that participating in PAHoops Shootouts, activities, and events may include a possible exposure to a communicable disease including but not limited to MRSA, influenza, and COVID-19. I also understand that the PAHoops Coaches, and SpookyNook can not be held liable for any illness or injury as a result of participating in PAHoops Shootouts. While particular recommendations and personal discipline may reduce the risk, the risk of serious illness and death does exist. I knowingly and freely assume all such risks, both known and unknown, even if arising from the negligence of others, and assume full responsibility for my participation. I willingly agree to comply with the stated recommendations put forth by PAHoops to limit the exposure and spread of COVID-19 and other communicable diseases.
Signature of Parent/Guardian:_________________________________________ Date:______________
Signature of Student Athlete:__________________________________________ Date:______________